I like to post up the longer Q&A emails I get from prospective Time Clock MTS users. Here’s a good one I got last week:
1. Can a staff member be entered into more than one department?
No, each employee can only be in one department. If you want to track the time employees spend working on different jobs then I suggest you take a look at the job tracking system. See here:
2. An employee wants extra taxes taken off their pay check (dollar amount). Is this possible?
Time Clock MTS doesn’t do any tax or deduction calculations.
3. We use ADP for payroll right now. Is it possible to connect with them to export payroll?
Sure. ADP can import CSV files and Time Clock MTS can product CSV files of pretty much any format. Just take a look the export data formats help page here:
4. What details will be shown on the “excel spreadsheet”?
Any report can be exported to Excel. The data shown will depend on what report you’re running.
5. For an employees overtime and double time to calculate on the reports, their schedule will need to be entered. Is this correct?
No. There’s no scheduling system in Time Clock MTS. Overtime is set from weekly limits which are set on the Tools->Options->Overtime Settings screen.
6. Is it possible to have 2 companies set up on one system? We have a company with approx. 50 employees and one company with 3 employees.
No, it’s not possible within the same data file. However, it’s a fairly simply matter to change which data file you are connected to using the Tools->Options->System Options screen and clicking the CHANGE button.
7. Does this program keep track of (or know) when stat days are? How will staff working these days be paid 1.5?
There’s a system to put your own paid holidays into the software. Paid holidays are paid at normal rate.
8. If we are networking, will it need to be linked by cords or it it wireless?
It can be either.
9. If we are networking, will we need a drive at each station?
Sorry I am not sure that I understand that question.
10. I was reading that the price of the program is for 1 year. Is that correct? So does that mean no support after one year also?
No, the price gives you a lifetime license to use the current major release of the software (version 5) and one year of email support and access to software updates. After a year you can renew your support/updates contract for a further year but your software will keep working whether you renew or not.