It’s 2010 and I’ve just made the first new release of Time Clock MTS for the new year. This new version contains a couple of new reports, some user interface tweaks, and a number of usability improvements and bug fixes. As usual the changes can be found below.
- Added a new report, the Simple Attendance Report (see above).
- Added a new report, the Time Breakdown Report.
- Employees can now view their own job punchcard report as well as the punchcard report.
- If PIN entry or fingerprint security is turned on then employees must re-validate before they can view their own timecard or job punchcard.
- Changed the message shown to users when Time Clock MTS cannot connect to the database due to insufficient file permissions. Turns out the same error is returned when the directory the database is in is disconnected or if the database file is opened exclusively by someone else.
- Fixed up an error that one user reported when viewing the options screen in the Time Clock MTS Client.
- Fixed up an error that occurred when the employee bulletin screen was open and the software was closed down.
- Changed the way that restricting an employee from clocking in too early works so that limits close to midnight are handled correctly.