November 27, 2008
Resetting the Time Clock MTS Administrator Password
Reset Administrator Password Screen
One of the most common questions we get is from users who have lost track of what their Time Clock MTS administrator password is. This could be because they've not used the software for a long time, because of a change of staff, or perhaps simply because they've forgotten what the password was. Previously we had to reset the password for users and this meant they had to email their Time Clock MTS database to us. With the release of Version 2.1.8 of Time Clock MTS this will (hopefully) be largely a thing of the past.
Two password reminder questions have been added to the software which allow you to reset the password yourself. These reminder questions are set either when you first install the administrator software or from the Tools->Options->System Options screen. When you need to reset the password you can do so in the administrator software on the File->Reset Administrator Password menu. You'll be shown the screen above.
If you answer both questions correctly (and I mean EXACTLY the same as the initial answers including case sensitivity) then you'll be able to reset the administrator password. How the password is reset depends on how your copy of Time Clock MTS is licensed.
- You are operating in trial mode or free mode: when the password is reset Time Clock MTS contacts our web server. The web server sends a new password back to the software and you'll be told directly what the new password is.
- You are have purchased the software BUT have not received your license code yet: when the password is reset Time Clock MTS contacts our web server, the web server sends a new password back to the software and you'll be told directly what the new password is.
- You are a registered Time Clock MTS user: when the password is reset Time Clock MTS contacts our web server. The web server sends an email to the email address used to make the original purchase. Time Clock MTS will then tell you what email address the password has been sent to. This is a much more secure method and one of the advantages of purchasing the software.
The one thing to realize with resetting the password is that you must have answered the password reminder questions to be able to use this new function. If you haven't answered them then you're stuck with resetting your administrator password the old way. If you need instructions on how to do this take a look at our support forum.
Posted by Comments (0)at 2:36 PM |
Time Clock MTS Version 2.1.8 Released
I've released a new version of Time Clock MTS today. All of the new features are focused on improving the usability of the software.
- I've added two administrator password reminder questions. You can either answer these when you first install the software or on the Tools->Options->System Options screen.
- An administrator password reset screen has been added on the File->Reset Administrator Password menu. You can use this screen if you've answered the password reminder questions mentioned above.
- Added links to various help topics on the Time Clock MTS website on various screens. For example, added a link to the software registration tutorial on the Help->Registration page.
- Added a link to the online help on the Help menu. This is a work-around for users who don't seem to be able to view the integrated help.
- Expanded the contents of the tips file.
- There is now a link to the integrated help file installed in the program shortcut menu when you install the software.
I'll be doing a more comprehensive post on the reset password feature later today. Stay tuned!
Posted by Comments (0)at 8:02 AM |
November 7, 2008
Stopping Employees Clocking in Too Early
In Version 2.1.7 of Time Clock MTS a new feature was added that allows you some control over when employees can and cannot clock in. You can configure this while logged in as the administrator on the Tools->Options->Shifts page (see the shifts help topic for more information). Click the new shift button and you'll be taken to the Add/Edit shift screen as shown below.
The Add/Edit Shift Screen
At the bottom of this screen you can see the new setting Restrict First Clock in to XX before shift. All you need to do is make a selection of None, 1 minute, 6 minutes, 15 minutes, and 30 minutes from the drop down. Obviously if you select none then there will be no restriction on when an employee can clock in. However, if you select one of the time limits then any employee assigned to that particular shift will be prevented from clock in any earlier that the chosen limit before the shift start time. So, for example, in the shift above, any employee will not be able to clock in any earlier than 7.30AM.
There is one restriction on this, the clock in must be the first one of the day for the restriction to take effect. I'll work on enhancing this in the next release.
Posted by Comments (0)at 9:12 AM |
Time Clock MTS Version 2.1.7 Released
Just one small change today. A new setting has been added to shifts allowing you to restrict when employees can start clocking in for that shift. It's a change that is worthy of it's own post. You can read more about stopping employees clocking too early for their shifts.
Posted by Comments (0)at 7:11 AM |