April 28, 2010
Time Clock MTS in a Childcare Center
I got a question from a potential Time Clock MTS user recently, she is the director of a childcare center in the USA. Here's what she had to ask:
Would you be able to answer these questions for me by e-mail? I'm trying to determine if your time clock software will work for what we'd need to use it for. We currently have about 60 students and about 25 staff. We use a centrally located computer for everyone (students & staff) to clock in and out each day. Each person has an ID # that they use to clock in and out. • I'd like to set this up where people can clock in/out on the main computer, but I can run reports from 2 computers in the office. We'd like to have 2 administrators. Is that possible? • How many people can use this to clock in/out? If we reach our maximum in the future, is there any way to extend the number of users? Do you happen to know how other childcare centers are using this program to clock in/out students? Do they set students up as a certain Department or something? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
There's a few points about this. Firstly, yes you can have multiple administrator computers, but you'll need to purchase a license for each one and then set up the second (and subsequent) administrator computers as described in this blog entry. The second thing to note is that Time Clock MTS is most certainly used by other childcare centers, several dozen at least (plus about 6000 other companies around the world). Here's my response to the question:
1) Two admin licenses and one client license are possible but only one of the admin PC's at a time will be able to run the software. Cost for this setup would be US$167.
2) I'll happily extend the software for you to allow up to 150 people to clock in and out. You can delete employees/children if they are no longer using the system to free up positions. Regarding other centers, I seem to recall at least one using different departments to track children/staff. A quick browse through our customer database shows around 60 or so centers using our software.
Posted by Comments (0)at 11:42 AM |
Why Aren't My Time Clock Reports Showing Hours and Minutes?
Here's a question we got from a Time Clock MTS user recently.
I have downloaded the trial version of the time clock, which I find very useful. I don't understand how is this calculating the time. I need it to calculate time on hourly basis (60 minutes) on the reports. But the reports calculation don't match my calculations. Can you please tell me where do I fix this? I will really appreciate your help.
Of course reports can be configured in Time Clock MTS to show times in decimal hours (for example 1.1 hours) or hours and minutes (for example 1 hr, 6 minutes). A lot of users prefer decimal hours because it makes payroll and overtime calculations a lot easier, some others are just interested in attendance times and like the easier to understand hours and minutes reports. Here's my reply to the above email:
Do you have the reports setup to show in hours and minutes? If not you can change this on the Tools->Options-> Report Settings page. If that's not the problem perhaps you can give me some more detail on what the specifics of your issues are?
The user got back to me and the report settings was indeed their problem. If you're not exactly sure of what I'm talking about try taking a look at the report settings help topic.
Posted by Comments (0)at 11:09 AM |
April 23, 2010
Time Clock MTS Version 2.5.8 Released
A new version of Time Clock MTS was released a couple of days ago that included a bug fix, some debugging for a potentially new bug, and an interesting new feature. Details of each are below.
- A fix has been added for sick time and vacation accruals where a very short accrual period was selected (such as accruing 1 hour of leave for every 1 hour of work). The bug will not have affected many users.
- Some detailed debugging code has been added to track the shift clock in time restriction. One user reported that his staff couldn't clock in until 1 minute before shift start despite the limit being set to 6 minutes. Not sure what I'm talking about? Go take a look at the entry about stopping employees clocking in too early.
- A new setting has been added to the Tools->Options->Job Tracking page. The 'allow employees to create jobs' setting will allow employees to create a new job when they enter a job code into Time Clock MTS that doesn't already exist. If you're not sure what the job tracking features of Time Clock MTS include try take a look at job tracking time clock page.
Posted by Comments (0)at 9:18 AM |
April 13, 2010
Online Time Clock MTS
You've probably noticed that things have been a little quiet around here lately, that's because I've been working hard on the new online version of Time Clock MTS. I'm happy to say that the website for this new online time clock system has been launched today and I'm hoping that Online Time Clock MTS will be released for free BETA testing within 6 weeks. Please go take a look at the Online Time Clock MTS website for more information.
What does this mean for you as a Time Clock MTS user? Well, probably nothing. Development of the desktop version of Time Clock MTS is continuing with version 3 being worked on and a number of interesting user suggested features being added. I am still hopeful of incorporating a new and much better reporting system into version 3. Stay tuned for more information as it becomes available.
Posted by Comments (0)at 3:05 PM |