December 28, 2009
Time Clock MTS Version 2.5.3 Released
I've released a new version of Time Clock MTS today that tweaks a couple of major areas of the software, the capturing of images by camera feature and the getting the time from an internet time server security option. The details of the changes can be found below:
- When Time Clock MTS contacts our web servers to check if there is a new version available it now times out the check after 5 seconds rather than 60 seconds.
- Completely re-worked the way any attached cameras are accessed by Time Clock MTS when using the options page. Now the cameras are only accessed when you're on the Camera Settings page. Also, a warning message is displayed during the delay while the cameras are being connected to. This should significantly speed up the loading of the options page.
- Changed the tips form so it no longer prevents access to the main application screen.
- Added a button to the Welcome Screen that takes users to the employee PIN tutorial when they first run the software.
- Dropped two servers (nist1-ny.WiTime.net and nist1.uccaribe.edu) from the internet time server list that were not working any longer, and added three new ones that are working.
- Changed the internal frequency that Time Clock MTS checks the selected internet time server to just under 15 minutes. This means there must be at least 5 failed time checks before Time Clock MTS will prevent clock ins or outs.
- If at least one successful check of an internet time server has happened since Time Clock MTS started running it will no longer lock out users if the time server cannot be contacted again.
- Fixed a bug with the time server code where the previous checked time could sometimes be returned when checking the time again.
- Fixed a bug within the time checking code that could result in multiple calls to the time server.
- Made sure that the internal time server checking process timer started even when the checking process failed on starting up Time Clock MTS.
All of these changes should prevent some errors that some users have been seeing and will make running the software a much easier and smoother process.
|Get the Free Trial Download 30 Day Free Trial||
From just $79 (US) for a single computer
And $114 (US) for two computers
Posted by mnemtsas at December 28, 2009 10:43 AM