August 28, 2009
What to do When and Employee Forgets to Clock Out
Some time ago I wrote about what to do when an employee forgets to clock in. Just recently I got an email from a Time Clock MTS user with the opposite problem, employees were forgetting to clock out and the user wanted to know how to fix this up.
I've been discussing issues with trying to clock in and out employees who forget to clock in/out and more than a day has passed.
You could select any employee, but if you look at the recent activity for *Name Removed*. In most cases, I learn the next day that they "forgot", but I can't go back to correct.
if you could go back to *Name Removed* Account and add her hour for August 20 which were 1:30 pm to 5:30 pm. I ended up adding them on 8/22 which was a day she did not work. I appreciate the screen shots.
The user emailed me their Time Clock MTS database so I could work them through a solution. You can find it below.
1. Go to the edit times screen and select *Name Removed* and choose to view the last 28 days. You'll note there are two clock outs, one on Aug 12 and one on Aug 21. You need to delete the one on Aug 21. So select it in the list. Then click the Delete Time icon (the one with the red cross) and choose 'Delete Selected Time Only'.
2. You'll be shown a confirmation screen, press yes to delete the time.
3. The times should look correct now (in, out, in out, and so on). Now add a time for Aug 20, click the new time button (the one with the blank page on it) and choose to add a single time.
4. On the screen that pops up enter the correct time details. And click Save Time when you're ready to add the time.
5. The list of times should now include the time you needed to add.
That's all there is to fixing this up. Time Clock MTS includes the tools to allow you to manipulate a users times to fix up these sorts of errors. You can delete a single time, you change the state of a single time, and you can add times. In this case I suspect the user changed the state of the errant time in error. It was a simple task to delete it and get things back in the correct order!
|Get the Free Trial Download 30 Day Free Trial||
From just $79 (US) for a single computer
And $114 (US) for two computers
Posted by mnemtsas at August 28, 2009 1:12 PM