February 16, 2009
Emailing your Time Clock MTS Database
At some stage it may become necessary to email us your Time Clock MTS database. This might be to reset your administrator password or to help us get to the bottom of some sort of problem. This is a pretty simple task but it is worth providing some simple instructions leading you through the process.
- Locate the database. By default this file is called timeclock.mdb and is found in different locations depending on what version of Windows you are using. If you are using Windows Vista/ Windows 7 / Windows 8 you will find it in c:\Program Data\TimeClockMTS\Database. If you are using Windows XP or earlier then you will find the file in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Time Clock MTS\Database. Note that if you have moved the database because you are using the multi client version or for some other reason then the file will not be found here, and you or your system administrator should know where the file is.
- If you cannot find either of these locations using Windows Explorer then you most likely need show system files and folders.
- You can see above that I have located the file timeclock.mdb in Windows Explorer in the default location for Windows Vista.
- Now that you have found the file you need to attach it to an email and email it to us at email@example.com. Exactly how you do this depends entirely on what email tool you use. Discussing each email client is well beyond the scope of this post so I wont go into it. However, this article looks a good place to get some tips.
- Once you've attached the file to your email it should look sometime like the image above (this screenshot is taken from Microsoft Outlook 2003). You can now go ahead and send the file to us!
In the next post I've cover what to do with your Time Clock MTS database once you get it back from us.
|Get the Free Trial Download 30 Day Free Trial||
From just $79 (US) for a single computer
And $114 (US) for two computers
Posted by mnemtsas at February 16, 2009 2:16 PM