March 4, 2008
When an Employee Forgets to Clock In
Employees forgetting to clock is a common problem that all employers have to deal with. Today we received an email from a Time Clock MTS user asking the best way to deal with this situation. Here's the users question:
What I am trying to do is to clock in employees while they are working, because sometimes they forget to clock in at the beginning of the shift and they tell me about 2 hours later to clock them in, but I can't because it won't let me clock them in without giving them a clock out time as well, and well the times they leave varies because we work in the restaurant business
Solving the problem is easy. Here's how in just a few simple steps:
- Log into Time Clock MTS as the Administrator
- Go to the Tools->Edit Times menu
- Select the employee you want to add the time for and then click the Add Clock In/Out Time button and select add a single clock in/out time.
- Make sure the clock in time and date is correct (it doesn't matter about the clock out) and add the clock in/out time.
- Select the clock out time for the time you have just added on the list of times.
- Click the Delete Time button and select the Delete Selected Time Only menu item and this will delete the clock out time for the time you have just added.
So now the employee is clocked in, with the time added manually and they can clock out normally at the end of the day. This process takes just under a minute and really couldn't be easier.
|Get the Free Trial Download 30 Day Free Trial||
From just $79 (US) for a single computer
And $114 (US) for two computers
Posted by mnemtsas at March 4, 2008 6:49 PM