Version 6.0.12 of Time Clock MTS is now available for download. It addresses what we hope is the last of the issues we’ve had with the camera system. Sadly, even though we tested the system out on a great number of different USB cameras and laptops with integrated cameras we still had users experiencing issues with their own setups and we’ve fixed these problems up as we’ve found them. For the technically inclined the latest fix is for Windows 10 machines with integrated cameras. On some W10 machines the integrated camera is disconnected from the internal USB hub from time to time, presumably due to some power saving scheme. That’s fine though because Windows fires a USB disconnected message, however, when it reconnects the camera it never fires the reconnected message and the Time Clock MTS camera system didn’t know the integrated camera was available again. We’ve managed to work around this though, no thanks to Windows not doing things the way it should.
Anyway, I digress. Here’s the list of changes made to this version:
- Camera system now re-connects to a disconnected integrated camera correctly.
- The department drop down box on the Time Clock MTS Client System Settings screen now displays department names that contain non unicode (such as Cyrillic) characters properly.
- There were several button styling issues on the Time Clock MTS Client System Settings screen that have been resolved.
- Various image capture settings are now only saved when image capture is activated.
- Various image capture fields on the Camera Settings screen are now de-activated when the enable image capture checkbox is not ticked.